Young Manufacturers Academy
Summer Program Details
Who is eligible?
Students entering grades 7 – 9 in the fall.
What is the cost to attend?
There is no charge for the program.
Is transportation provided?
Bus transportation will be available at no cost from central locations only within the surrounding towns of each program site. We will not provide bus transportation for students living outside a certain radius of the program location. If you have any bus-related questions, please contact Kristi Oki at email@example.com or 860-282-4907.
Is lunch provided?
Lunch and light snacks are provided.
What time does the program take place?
8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. daily.
What does the program offer?
- Real-world applications of science and math concepts.
- Use of industry tools and CAD software.
- Career awareness/readiness activities.
- Industry-based field trips.
- Family capstone event.
- Machine shop experience (Tech HS Academies only)
- Robotics activities and challenges (CCAT Academies only)
Check back next year for the Summer 2020 schedule!
Technical High School Academy Sessions
Programs held at Technical High School locations are 8 days long and introduce students to manufacturing through experiences in the machine shop, workshops, industry site visits, and a capstone event.
CCAT Academy Sessions
Programs held at the Connecticut Center for Advanced Technology (CCAT) are 10 days long and offer workshops that include CNC manufacturing, 3D printing, CADD, and robotics along with industry site visits and a capstone event. All CCAT Academies are located at 222 Pitkin Street, East Hartford, CT.
Please read the following information before continuing to the application.
- Applications must be filled out by a parent/guardian.
- Please submit one application per student. Duplicate applications will not be considered. You will be given the opportunity to select a first and second choice.
- Student enrollment is on a first come, first served basis.
- Students who have not previously attended an Academy will be given priority consideration.
When your application is submitted, you will receive a confirmation email – this DOES NOT mean your student has been accepted to the program. Application decisions will be sent out within a few weeks of submitting your application. If accepted, students are required to commit to attending the full duration of the session and to follow all program rules and regulations for student conduct.
Applications are currently closed.