Helping to provide the next generation of skilled manufacturing talent!
Connecticut. Dream It. Do It. (CTDIDI) provides resources and activities for students, parents/families, and educators that convey what 21st century manufacturing is really like, showcase the extensive variety of Connecticut made products, and explain the rewarding career opportunities available today.
- For students, CTDIDI offers insight on the value and vast spectrum of positions in manufacturing and provides information on the educational pathways and credentialing opportunities available in the state to help them become best-prepared to achieve their potential in their careers.
- For teachers and guidance counselors, CTDIDI provides information and resources about manufacturing and educational and career pathways that can be used to engage students and promote manufacturing career opportunities.
- For parents and families, it opens the door for discussion at home about the value of manufacturing jobs and the education and training that is necessary to be successful in those careers.
- For manufacturers, it encourages them to partner with area middle schools, high schools, and colleges to offer students firsthand opportunities to hear and see what manufacturing is all about, whether it is through guest-speaking opportunities or providing experiential programs such as site visits, job shadowing, or internships.
Young Manufacturers Academy
CTDIDI’s nationally-recognized Young Manufacturers Academy (YMA) fosters a positive image of manufacturing through experiential learning, promotes achievement in STEM, and develops an awareness of future career possibilities among youth in grades 5-9. YMA includes hands-on activities, simulation-based learning, virtual machining environments, travel to industry locations for on-site interaction with manufacturers and a mock career fair, where students share what they have learned with their families and our industry and education partners.
Since 2011, Governor Dannell P. Malloy has officially proclaimed October as Connecticut. Dream It. Do It. Manufacturing Month. Now in its fifth year, Manufacturing Month features student/education-focused events, open houses, and many more activities – with Connecticut’s manufacturers in the spotlight.
- “Manufacturing Mania” is held on the first Friday of October in conjunction with National Manufacturing Day (MFGDAY). Manufacturing Mania gives middle school students an opportunity to learn more about the wide variety of careers today’s advanced manufacturing offers. The program includes exhibits and displays from manufacturers and educational institutions, demonstrations, hands-on workshops, competitions, and guest speakers.
- “Making It Real: Girls & Manufacturing” is a day-long event open to middle and high school girls that provides information about career and educational pathways in manufacturing, experiential activities that showcase today’s manufacturing workplace, and opportunities to hear from women practitioners about 21st century manufacturing careers and the high-tech skills needed to be successful.
CTDIDI’s student programs introduce future careers in manufacturing while reinforcing the skills needed to be successful in these careers. Content areas include lean manufacturing, CADD and 3D printing, automation and robotics, CNC machining, engineering design, and SolidWorks. CCAT can host these workshops at our facility or bring them to you.
STEM Expos and Career Fairs
CTDIDI supports a wide variety of industry and school career events, as well as providing programming for other STEM-focused organizations. We can provide student and educator workshops, presentations, booth displays, and collateral materials to promote manufacturing-related careers.