Helping to provide the next generation of skilled manufacturing talent!
Connecticut. Dream It. Do It. (CTDIDI) provides resources and activities for students, parents/families, and educators that convey what 21st century manufacturing is really like, showcase the extensive variety of Connecticut made products, and explain the rewarding career opportunities available today.
- For students, CTDIDI offers insight on the value and vast spectrum of positions in manufacturing and provides information on the educational pathways and credentialing opportunities available in the state to help them become best-prepared to achieve their potential in their careers.
- For teachers and guidance counselors, CTDIDI provides information and resources about manufacturing and educational and career pathways that can be used to engage students and promote manufacturing career opportunities.
- For parents and families, it opens the door for discussion at home about the value of manufacturing jobs and the education and training that is necessary to be successful in those careers.
- For manufacturers, it encourages them to partner with area middle schools, high schools, and colleges to offer students firsthand opportunities to hear and see what manufacturing is all about, whether it is through guest-speaking opportunities or providing experiential programs such as site visits, job shadowing, or internships.
Connecticut. Dream It. Do It. will help Connecticut’s manufacturers recruit the skilled, credentialed workforce necessary to compete globally by re-positioning manufacturing as a viable, cutting edge career.
1. Establish a positive image of manufacturing among students, educators, and families to ensure a robust workforce pipeline.
2. Align educational systems to industry needs through promotion of national, industry-recognized certifications to close the existing skills gap.
3. Foster collaboration by facilitating communication among stakeholders and encouraging co-branded activities.