- This event has passed.
New England Maker Summit
November 17 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
The New England Maker Summit is a destination for MAKERS — multi-disciplinary problem-solvers who face obstacles with creativity and find innovative, out-of-the-box solutions.
Learn how educational venues, libraries, businesses, and manufacturers can invest in Making today so Connecticut creates an innovative, effective workforce with Maker skills for tomorrow.
Executive Director, Additive Manufacturing Center of Excellence at the United Technologies Research Center—East Hartford, CT
The New England Maker Summit will feature two tracks:
• Learn the 1-2-3 of creating a Maker Program in your library, classroom, or educational venue
• Find available resources including curriculum, kits, learning platforms, trade literature, websites, and more
• Listen, learn, and interact with those who have paved the way
• Featured Education Track Speakers: Cristol Kapp, school librarian from Chattanooga, TN; Gene Sherman, founder of Vocademy in Riverside, CA; Casey LaPlante, library media specialist at Granby High School.
BUSINESS & MANUFACTURING TRACK
• Learn how to utilize Making to help solve the skills gap.
• Nurture Makers as the future talent pool in workforce development while simultaneously fostering creativity and learning in current employees in fun, accessible ways.
• Utilizing rapid iteration solutions like 3D printing, CNC machining, and computer-aided casting to increase your competitive edge in engaging large companies and manufacturers.
Tickets and Information at: https://makerspacect.com/nems2017/